Friday, July 29, 2011

Never have i ever...

Last night part of our group stayed up playing a game called 'never have I ever' where you say something you've never done, but if anyone has done it, they have to put one of their fingers down. The first person to put down all 10 fingers loses...or wins, depending on how you look at it. It is always interesting to see what kinds of things people have done, especially when it comes to travel and things like that. Anyway, that was just a little insight into what we do in our spare time here. We really get to know each other and bond over things we have on common!
Today we went back to work with the family from yesterday. We were all working together towards the common goal of finishing the roof.  Never have I ever thought I would enjoy carrying buckets of concrete so much, but it's great work when you're doing it alongside the people who will be living in the house.
That's all I really have for now since it was a long day and I'm pretty tired, but I will try to write more later. We discovered Wi-fi in the hotel lobby, so we're set for the next several days.  I'm still rolling with the punches (which is my personal theme for this trip), and I'm really enjoying life here.  It is hard to describe how joyful I am working here with people who live in extreme poverty every day, but I guess it's really showing me where my heart is and what I may want to do for the rest of my life. :) I am so thankful for this opportunity, and it has been such a blessing to be here and meet and work with so many Armenians. Next time I'll try to tell you more about the people we've been working with. :)
Thanks again for all of your thoughts and prayers.  You have been wonderful!
Love from Armenia,
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment